10 years ago people called me crazy for warning against the dangers
of excessive cardio. It doesn’t work, I said, and you’ll get overuse
injuries that can ruin your life.
Well, today, not only am I no longer a lone voice in the wilderness, but
major newspapers - like Tuesday’s Wall Street Journal - are reporting on studies
that show excessive cardio harms the heart.
According to the WSJ, research to be published next month in the
British journal, “Heart”, says:
Running 20-25 miles or more per week eliminates the benefit of exercise
as you grow older and causes excessive wear-and-tear on the heart.
Of course, exercise ADDICTS will ignore dispute this information, and
runners will continue to post “I hate Craig Ballantyne” articles, but the
#truth about long slow cardio and running is this…
1) You can get better fat burning results in less time
2) Less exercise = less wear-and-tear on the body, including your heart,
skeletal muscles, and your joints
3) You’ll have more time to do other important things if you aren’t out
running for 200-250 minutes per week (assuming a 10-minute mile)
Even Dr. Kenneth Cooper, the father of ‘aerobics’ has said, “If you are
running more than 15 miles a week, you are doing it for some reason
other than health.”
So listen, if you want to exercise for fitness, fat loss, and live a long life
full of vitality, there’s no better way to train than with short, burst workouts.
In this program, you’ll get dozens of workouts that last 10 minutes or less
and give you faster fat burning than any type of cardio EVER will.
Here are just some of the workouts you’ll get:
- Bodyweight Circuits- A collection of finishers based on nothing but
bodyweight exercises that can be done anywhere, anytime. On the road,
in a hotel room, on the beach, you name it.
- "One in the Chamber"- A collection of finishers based on only one
exercise or training implement.
- Kettelbell Killers- Various kettllebell circuits to jack up your conditioning
and incinerate bodyfat.
- Bike Circuits- If you have to use a bike for conditioning this is the way
to use it. Discover how to mix bike intervals with various other exercises
for maximal results.
- Battling Ropes & Jump Ropes- Low impact circuits for awesome results.